Visual Thinking with Theory of Constraints (TOC) is live! Please find a dedicated software for the Theory of Constraints thinking processes in the Mac App Store.
I am a big fan of Theory of Constraints (TOC). I read the book “The Goal” years ago – actually after I discovered the great application “Flying Logic”. Ever since then was I wondering why Flying Logic is so expensive. It is such a great tool and so applicable to many kind of issues. Why making it not available to more people by lowering the price? When I was starting with the Visual Thinking for IBIS application I had Flying Logic in mind. I wanted a Mac tool that is similar to Flying Logic, but easier to use.
I have now done a big step in that direction. I have released the first version of “Visual Thinking with Theory of Constraints”. It is an early release as the visual language is more complex and will need some adjustments. The problem is that TOC has several different diagram types and the app needs to cater for it. Currently supported thinking processes are:
- Transition Tree (TRT or TT)
- Future Reality Tree (FRT)
- Current Reality Tree (CRT)
- Evaporating Cloud (sometimes: conflict resolution diagram or CRD)
- Prerequisite Tree (PRT)
If you want to understand these thinking processes, please consider finding or buying a copy of Lisa Scheinkopf’s “Thinking for a change” from 1999.
Please give me feedback on my software. What process to add next? Where is the graphical language not what you would have expected? I am happy to change directions to take in user feedback – and above is the proof. Thanks to all that are sending me feedback in advance.
- Keyboard controls (use arrow keys to navigate, create new nodes with command-arrow), define hotkeys, etc.
- Node Type Editor improved (note, the ability to create new domains is temporary)
- SpellChecking during editing and for the whole document
- Improvements to zooming
- More flexible in handling of visual grammar. You can restrict yourself to the domain intention or free style. See settings -> Behaviour dialog
- Many smaller improvements.